In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Frensham like this:
FRENSHAM, a tything and a parish in Farnham district, Surrey. The tything lies on an affluent of the river Wey, adjacent to the direct Portsmouth railway, and contiguous to the boundary with Hants, 3½ miles S of Farnham town and r. station; and it has a post office under Farnham. Real property, £3, 225. ...
Pop. in 1851, 714. Houses, 146. The parish contains also the tythings of Churt and Pitfold. Acres, 8, 691. Real property, £5, 241. Pop. in 1851, 1, 559; in 1861, 1, 750. Houses, 364. The increase of pop. arose from the works on the direct Portsmouth railway, and from the erection of a station and several houses in the immediate vicinity of Shottermill village. The property is much subdivided. Much of the surface is heathy and wild. A lake, called Frensham Great Pond, measures about 3 miles in circuit, and is a resort of large numbers of wild fowl. About 44 acres are under hops. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £106.* Patron, the Rev. J. Colmer. The church is partly early English; has a square tower; and contains in its vestry an ancient copper caldron, 2 feet in diameter, on a rude iron trivet, probably of similar character to public utensils which anciently existed in many parishes, but about which many legendary tales are told. The p. curacies of Shottermill and Chart are separate benefices.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Frensham, in Waverley and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Frensham ".