In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fordham like this:
FORDHAM, a parish in Downham district, Norfolk; on the river Wissey, adjacent to the Lynn and Ely railway, 2½ miles S of Downham Market. Post town, Downham. Acres, 2, 204. Real property, £2, 804. Pop., 211. Houses, 35. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £51. Patron, E. R. Pratt, Esq. The church has an embattled tower, and is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Fordham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Fordham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fordham in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Fordham".