Place:


West Worldham  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Worldham like this:

WORLDHAM (West), a parish in Alton district, Hants; 2 miles SE of Alton r. station. Post town, Alton. Acres, 447. Real property, £640. Pop., 89. Houses, 16. A tumulus is on King John's hill, and fragments of Roman pottery have been found there. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £38. Patron, Winchester College. The church is good

West Worldham through time

West Worldham is now part of East Hampshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hampshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Worldham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Worldham in East Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5976

Date accessed: 25th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Worldham ".