In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bramdean like this:
BRAMDEAN, a parish in Alresford district, Hants; 4 miles SSE of New Alresford r. station, and 8½ E by S of Winchester. It has a post office under Alresford. Acres, 1,204. Real property, £1,825. Pop., 282. Houses, 55. The property is subdivided. The parish is a resort of sportsmen. A Roman pavement was found here, and is covered. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £201.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is Norman, with an early English chancel; and has been restored.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bramdean has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Winchester. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bramdean and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bramdean, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bramdean".