In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Priors Dean like this:
PRIORS-DEAN, a parish in Petersfield district, Hants; 4¼ miles N N W of Petersfield r. station. Post-town, Petersfield. Acres, 1, 518. Real property, £1, 255. Pop., 129. Houses, 24. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Colmere, in the diocese of Winchester. The church is ancient, with a tower; and the church-yard contains a huge yew-tree.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Priors Dean has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Hampshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Priors Dean and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Priors Dean in East Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Priors Dean".