In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Midgham like this:
MIDGHAM, a chapelry in Thatcham parish, Berks; on the river Kennet, the Kennet and Avon cana1, and the Great Western railway, near woolhampton r. station, and 7 miles E of Newbury. Post town, Woolhampton, under Reading. Acres, 1,730. Real property, £2,498. Pop., 233. Houses, 56. The property is divided among a few. Midgham House is the seat of B. B. Green, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £105.* Patron, not reported. The church is ancient.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Midgham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Berkshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Midgham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Midgham in West Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Midgham".