In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sacombe like this:
SACOMB, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Hertford; 4 miles N N W of Ware r. station. Post-town, Ware. Acres, 1, 510. Real property, £1, 990. Pop., 314. Houses, 67. The manor was known, at Domesday, as Sevechampe; belonged then to Peter de Valoignes; passed to the Fitzwalters, the Babthorpes, the Plumptons, the Rolts, the Caswells, and others; and belongs now to A. Smith, Esq. S. Hall is the residence of S. G. Smith, Esq.; and Rowney Abbey of Lieut. H. Sampson. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £335.* Patron, A. Smith, Esq. The church is decorated English, and was restored in 1856. Charities, £10.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Sacombe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Hertfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Sacombe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sacombe in East Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st October 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Sacombe".