Place:


Parton  Cumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Parton like this:

PARTON, a village and a township in Moresby parish, Cumberland. The village stands on the coast and on the Whitehaven railway, 1½ mile N of Whitehaven; and has a station on the railway, a post-office under White-haven, a harbour for small craft, and a United Free Methodist chapel, built in 1863. The township includes the village, and extends into the country. Real property, £1, 100. Pop., 759. Houses, 167.

Parton through time

Parton is now part of Copeland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Copeland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Parton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Parton, in Copeland and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5769

Date accessed: 19th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Parton ".