In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Foulden like this:
FOULDEN, a parish in Swaffham district, Norfolk; near the river Wissey, 4½ miles E by S of Stoke-Ferry, and 8½ N of Brandon r. station. Post town, Northwold, under Brandon. Acres, 3, 395. Real property, £3, 225. Pop., 517. Houses, 106. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Oxburgh, in the diocese . of Norwich. The church is ancient but good; and there are a national school, and charities £47.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Foulden has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Breckland. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Foulden and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Foulden, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Foulden".