In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sarisbury like this:
SARISBURY, a chapelry in Titchfield parish, Hants; on the river Humble, 5¼ miles W by S of Fareham r.station. It was constituted in 1836; and it includes Warsash hamlet and Swanwick village, the latter of which has a post-office under Southampton. Real property, £4, 142. Pop., 1, 406. Houses, 280. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £120.* Patron, the Vicar of Titchfield. The church is a neat edifice.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Sarisbury has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Fareham. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Sarisbury and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sarisbury, in Fareham and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Sarisbury".