In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Buckenham like this:
BUCKENHAM, a parish in Blofield district, Norfolk; on the river Yare and the Yarmouth railway, 7¾ miles ESE of Norwich. It has a station on the railway; and its Post Town is Cantley, under Norwich. Acres, 931. Real property, £1,394. Pop., 49. Houses, 11. The property is all in one estate. A Roman station is supposed to have been here; and a ferry is here over the Yare. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Hassingham, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £280.* Patron, Sir J. B. Proctor Beauchamp, Bart. The church is ancient, has an octagonal tower, and was recently repaired.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Buckenham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Broadland. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Buckenham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Buckenham, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Buckenham".