In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Frinstead like this:
FRINSTED, a parish in Hollingbonrne district, Kent; 3½ miles NE of Hollingbourne, and 4¼ S by W of Sittingbourne r. station. It has a post office under Sittingbourne. Acres, 1, 273. Real property, £1, 286. Pop., 219. Houses, 37. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £240.* Patron, Lord Kingsdown. The church is early Norman, and was repaired and enlarged in 1862. Charities, £10.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Frinstead has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Maidstone. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Frinstead and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Frinstead, in Maidstone and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th October 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Frinstead".