In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hatherton like this:
HATHERTON, a township in Wybunbury parish, Cheshire, 4¼ miles SE of Nantwich. It has a post office under Nantwich, and a Free Methodist chapel. Acres, 1, 632. Real property, £2, 756. Pop., 377. Houses, 79.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Hatherton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Crewe and Nantwich. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Hatherton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hatherton, in Crewe and Nantwich and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hatherton".