In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Chart like this:
CHART (Little), a parish in West Ashford district, Kent; 2 miles SW of Charing, and 2½ N of Pluckley r. station. Post town, Charing, under Ashford. Acres, 1, 578. Real property, £2, 416. Pop., 304. Houses, 53. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £298.* Patron, the Archbishop of Canterbury. The church is old but good, and has a tower. There is a Roman Catholic chapel. Charities, £9.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Little Chart has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ashford. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Little Chart and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Chart, in Ashford and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Little Chart".