In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ashperton like this:
ASHPERTON, a parish in Ledbury district, Hereford; on the Worcester and Hereford railway, near the river Frome, 5 miles NW of Ledbury. It has a station on the railway; and its Post Town is Ledbury. Acres, 1,7 41. Real property, £3,199. Pop., 534. Houses, 105. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy annexed to the vicarage of Stretton-Grandison, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ashperton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Herefordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ashperton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ashperton in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th August 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ashperton".