In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Canon Frome like this:
CANON-FROME, a parish in Ledbury district, Hereford; on the river Frome, 2 miles N of Ashperton r. station, and 6 NW by N of Ledbury. Post Town, Bosbury, under Ledbury. Acres, 1,023. Real property, £1,278. Pop., 115. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. Canon-Frome Court is the seat of the Rev. John Hopton. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £220. Patron, the Rev. John Hopton. The church was built in 1861; is in the early English style, with ornate chancel and alabaster reredos; and retains the tower of a previous church.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Canon Frome has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Herefordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Canon Frome and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Canon Frome in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Canon Frome".