In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cwm like this:
CWM, or Combe, a parish in St. Asaph district, Flint, 2¼ miles E by S of Rhuddlan r. station, and 2¾ NE by N of St. Asaph. It comprises the townships of Cwm-Isglan and Cwm-Uchglan; and has a post office under Rhyl. Acres, 3, 702. Real property, £3, 907. Pop., 495. Houses, 103. The property is divided among a few. Many points command fine views; and a number of the inhabitants are employed in iron-works. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £300.* Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church was reported in 1859 to need repair. Charities, £17.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cwm has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Denbighshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cwm and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cwm, in Denbighshire and Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cwm".