Place:


Aston Abbots  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aston Abbots like this:

ASTON-ABBOTS, a parish in Aylesbury district, Bucks; among the Chiltern hills, 5 miles E of the Buckinghamshire railway, and 5 NNE of Aylesbury r. station. Post Town, Wingrave under Aylesbury. Acres, 2,180. Real property, £4,342. Pop., 311. Houses, 69. The property is divided among a few. The parish is a meet of the Rothschild hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £143.* Patron, Lord Overstone. The church is good; and there are two dissenting chapels and a national school.

Aston Abbots through time

Aston Abbots is now part of Aylesbury Vale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aylesbury Vale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Aston Abbots itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aston Abbots, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5537

Date accessed: 21st February 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Aston Abbots ".