In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Buerton like this:
BUERTON, a township in Audlem parish, Cheshire; adjacent to the Birmingham and Liverpool canal, 7 miles S by E of Nantwich. Acres, 2,953. Real property, £4,410. Pop., 464. Houses, 93. There are two Methodist chapels, and charities £50.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Buerton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Crewe and Nantwich. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Buerton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Buerton, in Crewe and Nantwich and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Buerton".