In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wotton Underwood like this:
WOOTTON-UNDER-WOOD, a parish, with a village, in Aylesbury district, Bucks; 7 miles N of Thame r. station. Post town, Aylesbury. Acres, 3,220. Real property, £2,958. Pop., 266. Houses, 60. W. House is the seat of the Duke of Buckingham; and the grounds connected with it occupy most of the parish. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £100.* Patron, the Duke of Buckingham. The church is decorated English, with rebuilt tower and spire.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wotton Underwood has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Aylesbury Vale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wotton Underwood and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wotton Underwood, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wotton Underwood".