In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ringway like this:
RINGEY, or Ringway, a chapelry in Bowdon parish, Cheshire; adjacent to the river Bollin, 3 miles W of Hand forth r. station, and 3½ S E of Altrincham. It was constituted in 1863; and its post town is Altrincham, Cheshire. Pop., 650. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £118.* Patron, Lord Egerton. The church was rebuilt in 1720, and was recentlyrestored.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ringway has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Manchester. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ringway and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ringway, in Manchester and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ringway".