In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Holme St Cuthbert like this:
HOLME-ST. CUTHBERT, a township chapelry in Holme-Cultram parish, Cumberland; on the coast, 4 miles N by W of Aspatria r. station, and 5 S of Silloth. Post town, Allonby, under Maryport. Real property, £6, 362. Pop., 821. Houses, 148. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to R. E. Standish, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £100. Patron, the Incumbent of Holme-Cultram. The church is tolerable.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Holme St Cuthbert has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Allerdale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Holme St Cuthbert and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Holme St Cuthbert, in Allerdale and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Holme St Cuthbert".