Place:


Boraston  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Boraston like this:

BORASTON, a township-chapelry in Burford parish, Salop; at the verge of the county, on the river Teme, the Kington canal, and the Tenbury railway, 1 mile W of Tenbury. Post Town, Tenbury. Rated property, £1,141. Pop., 235. Houses, 39. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy annexed to the rectory of Burford, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is tolerable.

Boraston through time

Boraston is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Boraston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Boraston in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5396

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Boraston ".