In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bonnington like this:
BONNINGTON, a parish in East Ashford district, Kent; on the military canal, in Romney Marsh, 3 miles SSW of Smeeth r. station, and 6 ½ SE by S of Ashford. Post Town, Bilsington, under Ashford. Acres, 1,109. Real property, £1,900. Pop., 187. Houses, 39. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £225. Patron, T. Papillon, Esq. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bonnington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ashford. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bonnington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bonnington, in Ashford and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bonnington".