In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanbedr Ystrad Yw like this:
LLANBEDR, or LLANBEDR-YSTRADWY, a parish in Crickhowell district, Brecon; on the river Grwny, under Sugar-Loaf-hill, at the boundary with Monmouth, 2 miles NNE of Crickhowell, and 6 NW of Abergavenny r. station. It contains the parcels of Bysych and Graigwen; and its Post town is Crickhowell. Acres, 3,831. Real property, £2,095. Pop., 280. Houses, 62. Moor Park is the chief residence. A walk hence, down the Grwny, to Llangenny church, traverses a deep dell, overshadowed by hanging woods, and encounters a marvellous variety of water, wood, and hill. Iron-ore is found. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Partrishow, in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £285. Patron, the Duke of Beaufort. The church is ancient but good; and has a tower still more ancient. Charities, £28. Bishop F. Godwin was rector.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanbedr Ystrad Yw has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Powys. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanbedr Ystrad Yw and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanbedr Ystrad Yw, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanbedr Ystrad Yw".