In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wigginton like this:
WIGGINTON, a parish, with a village, in Berkhampstead district, Herts; 17 mile SSW of Tring r. station. Post town, Tring. Acres, 1,662. Real property, £2,719. Pop., 641. Houses, 135. The manor belongs to the Harcourt family. Champneys is the seat of D. Sutton, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £200. Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church was recently repaired and enlarged. There are a national school, and some charities.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wigginton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Dacorum. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wigginton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wigginton, in Dacorum and Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wigginton".