Place:


Lambrigg  Westmorland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lambrigg like this:

LAMBRIGG, a township in Kendal parish, Westmoreland; at the source of the river Mint, 5 miles ENE of Kendal. Real property, £1,177. Pop., 165. Houses, 28. The manor belonged to the Burnesheads; passed to the Bellinghams and the Duchetts; and belongs now to the Lowthers. Part of the surface is a long lofty fell, called Lambrigg Park. Copper ore was formerly worked.

Lambrigg through time

Lambrigg is now part of South Lakeland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lakeland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lambrigg itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lambrigg, in South Lakeland and Westmorland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5355

Date accessed: 19th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lambrigg ".