In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Munden like this:
MUNDEN (Little), or Munden-Frewell, a village and a parish in Ware district, Herts. The village stands3¾ miles W of Standon r. station, and 5½ N by W of Ware. The parish contains also the hamlet of Green-End, and parts of the hamlets of Dane-End and Haultwick; and its post town is Ware. Acres, 2, 204. Real property, £3, 305. Pop., 601. Houses, 118. The property is divided among a few. Dane-End House is the seat of H. E. Surtees, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £592.* Patron, Lieut.-Col. Loyd. The church is a plain building, with a tower; contains three or four monuments; and, in 1867, was about to be restored. Charities, £9.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Little Munden has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Hertfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Little Munden and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Munden in East Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Little Munden".