In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Scoulton like this:
SCOULTON, a parish, with a village, in Wayland district, Norfolk; 3¾ miles E of Watton r. station. Post-town, Watton. Acres, 2, 193. Real property, £3, 253. Pop., 329. Houses, 70. The property is divided among four. A sheet of water here, 2 miles in circuit, has aswampy island with a breeding-place of gulls, and belongs to J. Weyland, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £482.* Patron, J. Weyland, Esq. The church is ancient, and has a tower and octagonal lantern.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Scoulton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Breckland. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Scoulton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Scoulton, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Scoulton".