Place:


Edvin Loach  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edvin Loach like this:

EDVIN-LOACH, a parish in the district of Bromyard and county of Worcester; environed by Herefordshire, 2¼ miles N of Bromyard town and r. station. Post town, Bromyard, under Worcester. Acres, 534. Real property, £620. Pop., 53. Houses, 12. There are remains of an ancient camp. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Tedstone-Wafer, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £156.* Patron, E. Higginson, Esq. The church consists of only a nave and small porch.

Edvin Loach through time

Edvin Loach is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Edvin Loach itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Edvin Loach, in Herefordshire and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5319

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Edvin Loach ".