In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Morton Grange like this:
MORTON-GRANGE, a township in Houghton-le-Spring parish, Durhamshire; on the Northeastern railway, at Fence-Houses r. station, 5 ½ miles NNE of Durham. Acres, 505. Real property, £656. Pop., 220. Houses, 36. The manor belongs to the Earl of Durham.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Morton Grange has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Chester le Street. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Morton Grange and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Morton Grange, in Chester le Street and County Durham | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Morton Grange".