Place:


Landkey  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Landkey like this:

LANDKEY, a parish in Barnstaple district, Devon; near the river Taw, 2½ miles ESE of Barnstaple r. station. Post-town, Barnstaple. Acres, 3,162. Real property, £4,622. Pop., 699. Houses, 148. The property is divided among a few. There are extensive lime-works. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £300. Patron, the Bishop of Exeter. The church is old but good, and has a massive tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a slightly endowed school, and charities £47.

Landkey through time

Landkey is now part of North Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Landkey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Landkey in North Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5267

Date accessed: 21st November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Landkey ".