In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edensor like this:
EDENSOR, a village, a township, and a parish, in Bakewell district, Derby. The village stands on the river Derwent, ½ a mile W of Chatsworth House, and 2 ENE of Bakewell r. station; is a pretty place of villa-cottages; and has a post office under Chesterfield, and a good inn. The township includes the village, and comprises 4, 328 acres. Real property, £4, 669. Pop., 272. Houses, 51. The parish contains also the township of Pilsley. Acres, 4, 829. Real property, £5, 363. Pop., 592. Houses, 123. The property is divided among a few. The church is very old; has a pinnacled tower; and contains a splendid alabaster monument to the first Earl of Devonshire. Charities, £73.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Edensor has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Derbyshire Dales. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Edensor and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Edensor in Derbyshire Dales | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Edensor".