In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Longparish like this:
LONGPARISH, a village, a parish, and a sub-district in Andover district, Hants. The village stands on the river Test or Anton, 4 miles SW of Whitchurch r. station, and 4 E of Andover. The parish contains the tythings of East Aston, West Aston, Forton, and Middleton. Post town, Whitchurch, under Micheldever Station. Acres, 5,250. Real property, £5,076; of which £51 are in fisheries. Pop., 803. Houses, 168. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Widmore family. Longparish House is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £226. Patron, the Rev. H. Woodcock. The church is ancient and good. There are a Baptist chapel and a small education charity.The sub-district contains eight parishes. Acres, 27,353. Pop., 4,284. Houses, 890.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Longparish has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Test Valley. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Longparish and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Longparish, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Longparish".