In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bullington like this:
BULLINGTON, a parish in Andover district, Hants; on an affluent of the river Test, 4 miles WNW of Mitcheldever r. station, and 4½ S of Whitchurch. Post Town, Barton-Stacey, under Winchester. Acres, 1,623. Real property, with Tufton, £3,134. Pop., 171. Houses, 37. The property is divided among a few. Bullington House is an old mansion. A Roman camp is at Tilbury Hill; and Roman antiquities have been found there. The living is a vicarage united with the vicarage of Tufton, in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £260.* Patron, W. Iremonger, Esq. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bullington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Test Valley. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bullington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bullington, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bullington".