In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Crimplesham like this:
CRIMPLESHAM, a parish in Downham district, Norfolk; 3 miles E of Downham r. station. Post town, Downham. Acres, 1, 620. Real property, £3, 797. Pop., 328. Houses, 71. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £69. Patron, the Bishop of Norwich. The church has a tower, and is good: and there is a fuel allotment £23.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Crimplesham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Crimplesham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Crimplesham in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Crimplesham".