Place:


Wicklewood  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wicklewood like this:

WICKLEWOOD, a parish, with a village, in Forehoe district, Norfolk; 2¾ miles WNW of Wymondham r. station. Post town, Wymondham. Acres, 1,564. Real property, £3,978. Pop. in 1861, 806; of whom 141 were in Forehoe workhouse. Houses, 146. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £356. Patrons, A.H. Percy, Esq., and the Rev. M. B. Darby. The church was restored in 1868. There are two Methodist chapels, a national school, and a poors' allotment of 12 acres.

Wicklewood through time

Wicklewood is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wicklewood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wicklewood in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5129

Date accessed: 12th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wicklewood ".