In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ladock like this:
LADOCK, or Lassick, a parish, containing the village of Besock, in Truro district, Cornwall. The village stands on the river Ladock, in a fine valley, 2½ miles W by S of Grampound-Road r. station, and 7 NE of Truro; and has a post-office, of the name of Ladock, under Grampound-Road, and a cattle-fair on 13 May. The parish comprises 5,691 acres. Real property, £4,320. Pop. in 1851,811; in 1861, 742. Houses, 169. The decrease of pop. arose partly from the closing of a large lead mine. ...
The manor belonged formerly to the Pitts. Nansaugh is a chief residence. Large quantities of tin were long ago produced; iron ore, of superior quality, is sent hence to Swansea; and some comparatively large pieces of gold have been found. The parish is a meet for the Four Burrow hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £767.* Patron, Dr. Wise. The church stands on an eminence above Besock village; was recently restored, at a cost of £2,000; and has a fine E stained window, and a beautifully proportioned tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and a slightly endowed national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ladock has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Carrick. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ladock and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ladock, in Carrick and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ladock".