Place:


Hayton  Cumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hayton like this:

HAYTON, a township and a chapelry in Aspatria parish, Cumberland; on the coast, 2½ miles W of Aspatria r. station. They have a post-office under Maryport. The township includes Mealo, and comprises 1,971 acres. Pop., 390. The chapelry was constituted in 1867. Pop., 1,095. The living is a rectory. Value, £300.

Hayton through time

Hayton is now part of Allerdale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Allerdale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hayton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hayton, in Allerdale and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5069

Date accessed: 20th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hayton ".