In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Granborough like this:
GRANDBOROUGH, a village and a parish in Winslow district, Bucks. The village stands near the Grandborough-Road station on the Aylesbury and Buckingham railway, 2 miles S by E of Winslow; and has a post office under Winslow. The parish comprises 1, 560 acres. Real property, £2, 355. Pop., 374. Houses, 81. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £191.* Patron, Sir H. Verney, Bart. The church is ancient but good; and has a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and poor allotments.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Granborough has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Aylesbury Vale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Granborough and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Granborough, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Granborough".