In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Leese like this:
LEESE, a township in Sandbach parish, Cheshire; near the river Dane, 2½ miles NE of Middlewich. Acres, 386. Real property, £1,069. Pop., 121. Houses, 24. The property belongs chiefly to Sir Charles P. Shakerley, Bart., and J. France, Esq.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Leese has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Congleton. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Leese and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leese, in Congleton and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Leese".