In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Frankby like this:
FRANKBY, a township and a chapelry in West Kirby parish, Cheshire. The township lies 5½ miles WSW of Birkenhead r. station, and 7 NNW of Great Neston. Acres, 558. Real property, £975. Pop., 137. Houses, 27. The chapelry is more extensive than the township, and was constituted in 1861. Post town, West Kirby, under Birkenhead. Pop., 380. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £203.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Chester. The church was built in 1862; and is in the decorated English style.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Frankby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wirral. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Frankby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Frankby, in Wirral and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Frankby".