In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coleshill like this:
COLESHlLL, a village in Faringdon district, Berks; and a parish partly also in Wilts. The village stands on the river Cole, at the boundary between Berks and Wilts, 3¾ miles WSW of Faringdon r. station, and 4½ N of Shrivenham; consists chiefly of new, neat, uniform cottages; has a post office under Swindon; and gives the title of Baron to the Earl of Radnor. ...
The parish is mainly in Berks, but includes Lynt, a pasture farm of 480 acres in Wilts. Acres, 2, 301. Real property, £5, 202. Pop., 464. Houses, 80. The property is not much divided. The manor belonged to the Pleydells, and passed, by marriage, to the Bouveries. Coleshill House, the seat of the Earl of Radnor, is a quadrangular structure of 1650 by Inigo Jones, retaining its original character, and forming the finest specimen of Jones' taste and talent; and it contains a fine hall, and many good family portraits. The grounds are remarkably beautiful; and there is a great model farm. Vestiges of a Roman camp are seen at Binbury. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £311.* Patron, the Earl of Radnor. The church is a handsome structure, with pinnacled western tower; and contains a curious circular window, with the arms of Sir Mark Stuart Pleydell and his lady, a marble cenotaph, by Rysbrach, to their daughter, afterwards Countess of Radnor, and an eastern window, representing the Nativity, brought from Angers. Charities, £121.
Coleshill is now part of Vale of White Horse district. Click here for graphs and data of how Vale of White Horse has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coleshill itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coleshill, in Vale of White Horse and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coleshill ".