In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfihangel Glyn Myfyr like this:
LLANFIHANGEL-GLYN-MYFYR, a parish in the district of Corwen and counties of Merioneth and Denbigh; on the river Allwen, 6½ miles NW of Corwen r. station. Post town, Corwen. The Merioneth portion consists of Cefnpost township; and the Denbigh portion comprises the townships of Gysulog, Llysan, and MaesyrOdyn. Acres of the M. portion, 3,538; of the D. portion, 664. Rated property of the whole, £1,920. Pop. of the M. portion, 70; of the D. portion, 394. Houses, 1 6 and 67. The property is much subdivided. Most of the surface is hill and pasture. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £215.* Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church is tolerable. The name Glyn-Myfyr, or Glyn-y-Myvyr, signifies ' ' the vale of meditation, and gave name to Jones's ' ' Myvyrian-Archæology."
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanfihangel Glyn Myfyr has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Conwy. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanfihangel Glyn Myfyr and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfihangel Glyn Myfyr, in Conwy and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanfihangel Glyn Myfyr".