In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Baguley like this:
BAGULEY, a chapelry, with a r. station, in Bowdon parish, Cheshire; 3¼ miles ENE of Altrincham. Acres, 1,769. Real property, £5,028. Pop., 611. Houses, 118. Market gardening is largely carried on. The chapelry was constituted in 1868. Living, a p. curacy.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Baguley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Manchester. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Baguley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Baguley, in Manchester and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Baguley".