In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfair Waterdine like this:
LLANVAIR-WATERDINE, a parish in the district of Knighton and county of Salop; on the river Teme at the boundary with Radnor, near Offa's dyke, 4 miles NW of Knighton r. station. It contains the townships of Llanvair, Clewilsey, Funnauvair, Maneythesney, Selly, Skyborry, and Trebert; and its Post town is Knighton, Radnorshire. Acres, 7,720. Real property, £5,730. Pop., 611. Houses, 116. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Earl of Powis. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £78. Patron, the Earl of Powis. The church was rebuilt in 1854, and is in the pointed style. There are a national school, and charities £5.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanfair Waterdine has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Shropshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanfair Waterdine and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfair Waterdine in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanfair Waterdine".