In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barrow like this:
BARROW, a parish in Madely district, Salop; on the Much Wenlock railway, 3 miles E of Much Wenlock. Post Town, Much Wenlock, under Wellington-Acres, 3,013 Real property, £3,780. Pop., 365. Houses, 65. The property is all in one estate. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Willey, in the diocese of Hereford. The church was restored in 1850. There is an endowed school with £34 a year.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Barrow has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bridgnorth. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Barrow and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barrow, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Barrow".