In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Albrighton like this:
ALBRIGHTON, a chapelry in the parish of St. Mary, district of Atcham, Salop; near the Shrewsbury and Chester railway, 4 miles N of Shrewsbury. It has a post office under Shrewsbury. Acres, 750. Pop., 78. Houses, 12. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £52.* Patron, W. Spurrier, Esq. The church is very good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Albrighton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Shrewsbury and Atcham. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Albrighton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Albrighton, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Albrighton".