Place:


Thrimby  Westmorland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thrimby like this:

THRIMBY, a chapelry, with two townships, in Morland parish, Westmoreland; 3 miles N of Shap r. station. Post town, Shap, Westmoreland. Acres, 2,278. Real property, £1,990. Pop., 201. Houses, 35. The manor belonged to the Thirnebys; and passed, through the Haveringtons and others, to the Lowthers. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £80. Patron, the Vicar of Morland. The church was rebuilt in 1814.

Thrimby through time

Thrimby is now part of Eden district. Click here for graphs and data of how Eden has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thrimby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thrimby, in Eden and Westmorland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4955

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thrimby ".