In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Feltham like this:
FELTHAM, a village and a parish in Staines district, Middlesex. The village stands on the Richmond Extension railway, near the Longford river, 4¼ miles E by N of Staines; has a station on the railway with telegraph, and a post office‡ under Hounslow, London W; and is a pleasant rural place, environed by many ornate dwellings. The parish comprises 2, 620 acres. Real property, £6, 615. Pop. in 1851, 1, 109; in 1861, 1,837. Houses, 306. The increase of pop. arose partly from the facilities of railway communication with London, and partly from the establishment of industrial and Welsh schools. ...
The manor belonged, at Domesday, to Earl Mortaigne; passed to the Cottingtons, the Beauclercs, and others; was held, in 1537, by Henry VIII.; went to the Veres; and belongs now to Messrs. Barnett and Birch. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London. Value, £302.* Patron, W. J. Jemmett, Esq. The church occupies the site of an ancient one; was built in 1802, and enlarged in 1856; and has a tower and spire. There are chapels for Independents and Wesleyans. Charities, £90.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Feltham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Hounslow. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Feltham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Feltham, in Hounslow and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Feltham".